Full Episode: http://kpnt.co/OxVZzY
Big Apple App Guys hosts Brian Papa and Pablo Quinteros talk Apple TV from a content creator’s perspective, the new Apple Podcast app, and KoPoint’s very own Dan Patterson shares his views on early podcasting back in the day and what’s in store for the podcast space. Also, other topics include “netcasting” vs “podcasting”, in-app purchasing, Apple retail (sales associate and consumer experiences), and NFC & Passbook.
Links discussed on this week’s Big Apple App Guys show:
- Podcasts app on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/podcasts/id525463029?mt=8
- Callisto.fm: Real-Time Engagement Analytics for Media Creators http://callisto.fm/
- WNYC’s Radiolab recently launched its mobile app with features to encourage listeners to be part of the creative process http://www.wnyc.org/press/radiolabapp/
- Apple requires most radio stations to consolidate under the umbrella of their parent company, i.e. iHeartRadio houses all Clear Channel radio stations: http://www.iheart.com/apps/
- Apple to replace its 30 pin connector with a 19 pin version http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/20/confirmed-the-new-iphone-will-have-a-19-pin-mini-connector/
- A hard core case for your iPhone: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1104350651/taktik-premium-protection-system-for-the-iphone
- NFC & Passbook http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/06/nfc-next-iphone/
- Upvote the Big Apple App Guys and our links on the KoPoint subreddit http://kopoint.reddit.com
- Get KoPoint in iTunes (for free, of course!).