KoPoint: Hard news, dirty politics, & civilized propaganda
KoPoint is a digital news magazine based in New York City. KoPoint creates and syndicates original programs for web and broadcast media.
- Jon Lazar: Contributor, Host
- Marc Lizoain: Co-host
- Jeff Newelt: Contributor, Host
- Brian Papa: Host
- Dan Patterson: Founder, Editor
- Chris Poirier: Social Media
- Pablo Quinteros: Host
- William ‘Doc’ Stodden: Political Director, Host
- Stuart Tracte: Business Development, Host
- Josh Wolff: Design, Contributor
The term ‘KoPoint’ is derived from the game of GO, the ancient Chinese board-game. Specifically, ‘KoPoint’ refers the Rule of Ko and the translation of strategic and tactical in-game lessons to extra-game life application.
KoPoint records in a warm little room located near the top of a red-brick building on an unassuming block south of Houston Street in Manhattan. We sit around a large wood table and talk in to Rode microphones. We run our voices through an Arrakis radio console. Our sound is mildly processed by a DBX compressor/limiter, a Behringer sub-mixer, and an M-Audio interface. All of this is mixed down on a Mac tower running Adobe Soundbooth and Audition. Learn more about the history of the KoPoint Studio.
KoPoint music is, for the most part, provided by the talented Matthew Ebel. A stalwart of the Boston and New England technology scene, Matthew has been creating exciting music for over a decade. He has succeeded in fostering a loyal audience by using social media and embracing innovative business models. KoPoint is very happy and proud to work with such a notable musician and stand-up guy. In addition to Matthew, the KoPoint Comic Book Show features the song “Pray For Me Pray” New York’s JahFurry. From time to time our programs use stock music provided by a license from SumAll.
About Our Website and Content Management System:
KoPoint.com was primarily assembled by Dan Patterson. The website is currently hosted on WordPress.com. Over the years the KoPoint team has worked with a number of CMS solutions and news publishing websites. We like and continue to use these platforms for various projects (the KoPoint Wire uses Tumblr, for example). WordPress.com – and it’s cousin WordPress.org – are powerful, vetted, and easy to use. WordPress.com offers a few features – namely publishing features, media hosting, and security – at an affordable rate.
About Our Partners:
The following partners have provided financial and non-financial assets to KoPoint. For more information please visit our Disclosures page.
- SumAll Studio space, gear, moral support.
- SoundCloud Audio players and hosting.
- The Talk Radio News Service Content distribution, press credentials, guidance.
- A New Domain Content distribution, content production.
- Monday: Beer Diplomacy, 7pm
- Tuesday: The Report, 5pm; The Big Apple App Guys, 7pm
- Wednesday: KoPoint News, 8pm
- Thursday: The Report, 5pm; KoPoint Games, 8pm (TK)
- Friday: The KoPoint Minecraft Project, 10am; KoPoint Comics, 1pm
- Weekend: Editing